Friday, December 24, 2010

IBS's Best of 2010: Top 50 Songs

Okay, I'm almost done. This is the last list, I promise. I'm not even gonna write descriptions for each one (I think the 3000+ words on the last post should probably tide you over for a while). I would like to say a few things, however. First off, it was extremely hard for me to not put "Runaway" at the top. I feel like it is the best and (by far) the most important song of the year, for reasons given in the last post. But I tried to make these lists personal; I tried to pick my favorites. So when it came down to "Runaway" and "Dance Yrself Clean," I had to make a choice. I went with the song that has served as my motto at times this year. Not that I'm a particularly frequent (or good) dancer, but this song was always there to remind me that sometimes you just gotta drop your baggage and boogie. Plus, it was amazing live. I would also like to acknowledge Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti. Some people (okay one person) believe they got the shaft on my albums list. While I will concede Before Today is a good album, I just never really liked it that much as a whole. That said, it has two absolutely fantastic tracks, and I believe this list reflects that.

Thanks for reading, please comment, and have a great holiday season.

50) "Power" - Kanye West
49) "Too Much" - Sufjan Stevens
48) "Shutterbugg" - Big Boi feat. Cutty
47) "Learning" - Perfume Genius
46) "Breakfast" - Curren$y
45) "On Melancholy Hill" - Gorillaz
44) "Kids On the Run" - The Tallest Man On Earth
43) "Show Me A Good Time" - Drake
42) "Hang With Me" - Robyn
41) "All Of The Lights" - Kanye West
40) "Zebra" - Beach House
39) "Follow Us" - Big Boi feat. Vonnegutt
38) "Post Acid" - Wavves
37) "Superfast Jellyfish" - Gorillaz feat. Gruff Rhys and De La Soul
36) "Thieves" - She & Him
35) "Cousins" - Vampire Weekend
34) "Locked Inside" - Janelle Monáe
33) "Infinity Guitars" - Sleigh Bells
32) "Madder Red" - Yeasayer
31) "Where'd All The Time Go?" - Dr. Dog
30) "Diplomat's Son" - Vampire Weekend
29) "Be Still" - Big Boi feat. Janelle Monáe
28) "Norway" - Beach House
27) "Marathon" - Tennis
26) "Modern Man" - Arcade Fire
25) "You're Going Back" - The Tallest Man On Earth
24) "A More Perfect Union" - Titus Andronicus
23) "6 Foot 7 Foot" - Lil Wayne feat. Cory Gunz
22) "The Wrestle" - Frightened Rabbit
21) "Helicopter" - Deerhunter
20) "Shine Blockas" - Big Boi feat. Gucci Mane
19) "Vocal Chords" - Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr.
18) "Monster" - Kanye West feat. Jay-Z, Rick Ross, Nicki Minaj, and Bon Iver
17) "Boyfriend" - Best Coast
16) "Bloodbuzz Ohio" - The National
15) "Lost In The World" - Kanye West feat. Bon Iver
14) "Let's Go Surfing" - The Drums
13) "O.N.E." - Yeasayer
12) "Dancehall Queen" - Robyn
11) "Sun Hands" - Local Natives

10) "I'm New Here" - Gil Scott-Heron

9) "Empire Ants" - Gorillaz feat. Little Dragon

8) "The High Road" - Broken Bells

7) "Beverly Kills" - Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti

6) "Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains)" - Arcade Fire

5) "Ambling Alp" - Yeasayer

4) "Rill Rill" - Sleigh Bells

3) "Round and Round" - Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti

2) "Runaway" - Kanye West feat. Pusha T

1) "Dance Yrself Clean" - LCD Soundsystem

1 comment:

  1. I like this. Alot. Surprised Boyfriend beat Monster. Discuss further in person and all that jazz. Also, I'm New Here is in your top ten: ##.

    ReplyDelete