Monday, December 20, 2010

IBS's Best of 2010: Top 10 Album Covers

10) Brandon Flowers - Flamingo - Awwww. Look at Brandon playing with his cuff links. He's so cute.
9) The National - High Violet - It's like an ejaculation of colorful, moody Boss-worhip.
8) Wavves - King of the Beach - It really was a great year for cats (see #6, #1). Shout out to Best Coast.
7) Gil Scott-Heron - I'm New Here - This makes me want to get lung cancer.
6) Klaxons - Surfing the Void Keyboard Cat, you have been one-upped.
5) Avey Tare - Down There - I don't know why I like this one so much, but I once spent an entire humanities class just staring at it.
4) David Byrne & Fatboy Slim - Here Lies Love - It's former first lady of the Phillipines Imelda Marcos. Duh.
3) Arcade Fire - The Suburbs - This reminds me of summer and the suburbs. I like it.
2) Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr. - Horse Power EP - I really have a thing for outrageous and colorful album covers. I don't even like horses.
1) MGMT - Congratulations - I really wanted to love this album so I could buy it on vinyl. I still might. It's so beautiful, I literally figuratively jacked off to this cover every day for a month.

(Click to enlarge album art above.)

2 comments:

  1. Klaxons post: Hilarious... BUT WHERE IS BEST COAST? lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They got a shout out. I just liked Wavves' cover better.

    ReplyDelete