Monday, October 17, 2011

FACE OFF: "Hallelujah"

Welcome to FACE OFF, where you are the Judge Judy and executioner.

It's time for some FACE OFF, and what better way to come back from a recess than with a six seven-entry contest? This week's a little bit different; rather than just doing songs with the same title, we're doing version of the song "Hallelujah." It's a famous song that's been covered a gajillion times, and it seems like everyone has their favorite version. There's Leonard Cohen's, the original; John Cale's, the one from Shrek; Rufus Wainwright's, the one from the Shrek soundtrack; Brandi Carlile's, my favorite; k.d. lang's, the one by the Canadian lesbian lady who looks like a dude and Jeff Buckley's, the one by Jeff Buckley. Which is your favorite? (The Brandi Carlile stream isn't big because it's my favorite but because I couldn't find it on YouTube and it's my favorite.)

If you've got another suggestion, just let me know, and I'll add it in. Vote in the poll on the left!


Jeff Buckley

John Cale

Brandi Carlile
Brandi Carlile: "Hallelujah" (Live at KCRW.com)
Leonard Cohen

k.d. lang

Rufus Wainwright

Added: Alexandra Burke

No comments:

Post a Comment